Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stomp XL - momentary preset and snapshot mode in 6-switch-stomp

jonguo

Hi all, I've been using hx stomp and stomp XL for a while now and just recently started digging deep on the XL so I can get rid of my midi controller. It's a bit of a bummer that momentary preset mode doesn't work in 6 switch stomp mode. It would also be nice if we could have a "snapshot mode" option in Command Center under HX Snapshot. That way we could only have to use one switch for snapshots instead of 4 (or however many we need).

I've found a few work arounds. After plugging a midi cable into the out directly to the in on the XL...

For presets, I've setup an instant midi cc (in command center) to send CC71-value:0 to itself which gives me exactly what I want. It's not in the manual for the XL but I remembered it from the stomp manual.

For snapshots, I've set a footswitch to send CC71-value:2 which also does exactly what I want but there's a weird bug: after I do this once - the switch resets to default values (midi channel:base, cc:0, value:0; although the switch led and custom name persist) until I reload the preset. Because of this, I can only change snapshots once. The instant midi cc also resets but is less of a concern since its already done its job.

So, Is there any way to keep it from changing these values? Or even better, any chance we could get these options baked-in?

...please don't patch CC71 out of existence on the XL