Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My Cat60 returned somehow to 1.02 and now I repeatedly fail in updating the firmware

petepawn

ALERT! My Catalyst 60 has retuned somehow to v1.02 and I have tried to now update the firmware over ten times now. Every time it says something about a generic usb device ( or update failed)... How can I continue?

"
Line 6 Central has detected a generic USB device. This can happen when a device is manually placed in bootloader mode or a firmware update has failed.
Would you like to identify the device?"

And this repeatedly..

I have tried factory resets, uninstalling ang re-installing Line6 Central, installing from file, no help..

Also, when updating process launches there will be a text like " Catalyst is now restarting and will be updated" - then after couple seconds: usb sound and the box showing

"Line 6 Central has detected a generic USB device. This can happen when a device is manually placed in bootloader mode or a firmware update has failed.
Would you like to identify the device?"

When I choose "Identify", I get several Line6 models from which I choose mine.. and the same repeats..

Hi again, my problem is now solved and this as information if something like this will happen to you.

I submitted a support ticket to Line6 and they replied with kind of same information as in the updating instructions found in these pages.

One fellow member of TGP forum prompted me to put the usb cable in the usb port in the rear of the desktop and that helped. So now do I have the new firmware again :)