Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problems with Helix

fatmanland

I have an issue with my Helix rack. If I go to user presets(the ones that are blank no block loaded) and try to build my own preset the unit freezes up. Line 6 support has been not been very helpful. The unit did this when it arrived so I upgraded the firmware to 2.01 with latest and greatest line 6 updater. Unit still freezes up. line 6 support keeps asking me the same questions of are you sure you using the the most currant line6 updater, are you sure your uploading the 2.01 firm ware. They said I even need the 2.01 editor when I'm not even using the editor! This problem happens from the front panel of the Helix when using what they call the joystick even though it hasn't given me much joy! I have done all this updating over about 4 times trying to get it to work. 

Note: Yes, I do realize that after the update I have to hold down knob 5, 6 below the screen to rebuild the factory presets and IR's

Anyone have any Idea what the issue may be?

I have an issue with my Helix rack. If I go to user presets(the ones that are blank no block loaded) and try to build my own preset the unit freezes up. Line 6 support has been not been very helpful. The unit did this when it arrived so I upgraded the firmware to 2.01 with latest and greatest line 6 updater. Unit still freezes up. line 6 support keeps asking me the same questions of are you sure you using the the most currant line6 updater, are you sure your uploading the 2.01 firm ware. They said I even need the 2.01 editor when I'm not even using the editor! This problem happens from the front panel of the Helix when using what they call the joystick even though it hasn't given me much joy! I have done all this updating over about 4 times trying to get it to work.

Note: Yes, I do realize that after the update I have to hold down knob 5, 6 below the screen to rebuild the factory presets and IR's

Anyone have any Idea what the issue may be?

Don't know if the global reset process is different for the Rack Helix, I have the floor pedal, but if not and if you have not tried it yet, back up your IRs and presets and try a FS 9&10 reset rather than the FS 5&6 reset.

If that does not resolve the issue I would also try uninstalling all the Helix software and then reinstalling as well as maybe reflashing the firmware if you have not attempted this yet. If all else fails you may want to experiment with other USB ports or another PC. The problem you are having reminds me a bit of the issue a few firmware updates ago where older presets would cause the Editor to lock up. As if the presets on the Helix and the software on the PC were not in sync. An uninstall-reinstall might help.

Apologies if this is a repetition of any or all of what you have already tried. If all else fails Spikey is right, might be time to open up a repair ticket.