I'd like some help diagnosing noise on my Helix... it's coming out of the xlr output into a yamaha desktop mixer (generally the mixer is quiet).
It is currently only happening at home, however my previous modeler didn't have this trouble (it's the main competition in a black box on the floor)...
A few things to note,
1) it sounds like rapid clicking, if I boost mids on a bass amp at 3000hz it gets louder.
2) any guitar I have it remains (humbuckers, single coils, active bass) and it doesn't change with different pickups. It dissapears when I unplug a guitar.
3) at gigs it's completely silent. So I'm guessing it's some gremlin in my house, although why didn't it happen with the other unit then?
4) the signal seems to be super hot, even with the output set to Mic on the XLR. it's really easy to clip the input of the mixer...
5) combinations of where units (powered speaker, mixer, amp) are plugged into the walls don't change the condition.
Any suggestions on how to proceed? What should I be looking for? suggested diagnostics procedures?