Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi Windows interface failure

Leftzilla

Hi guys,

I just bought the Amplifi 150 a couple of days ago and had become pretty frustrated trying to update the firmware. I tried to update using my Windows 7 desktop and my iPad via Bluetooth with no luck. Today I found this forum and it gave me the idea to try my notebook running Windows 7 and it worked perfectly! Now my Amplifi works great with my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and it seems to have fixed the connection problems I was having with my iPad. Thank you Line 6 community!

• 4 months later...

I have Windows 7 and a desktop PC, same exact issue, "check USB connection, download failed".  Can anyone from Line 6 speak on this thread and let us know what the work around is?  The unit is completely not useable unless we can perform this update and get the product to connect to our Droid devices.  Any help is appreciated.

Hi guys,

I mention the solution, for those who have Amplifi update failure.

First you must put Amplifi, into Update Mode, by holding the Tone and Tap buttons as you power up.

At that point, open the updater program and download the update you want.

NOTE: The update, maybe not be passed immediately, therefore you must try the same procedure, until it passed the update.

This solution worked for me at my Amlifi 150.

• 2 months later...

Tried umpteen times with amplifi TT, Win7, 64-bit. Press the tone and tap and power on and get only the 4 preset lights on the left illuminated, which I believe means it's in update mode. Launch the amplifi utility, the device is detected (else you get an error at that point), start the download and then the ubiquitous read/write error, every time. I always end up doing the update via bluetooth. Line6, you have a systemic problem with the amplifi download utility and communication with the device.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried update via Bluetooth first. Same read write error as everyone, tried everything suggested above. Added my own attempt connecting via my shortboard (in case it was the usb port on the amp that cause fail). No joy. Now I cant connect via Bluetooth either, so have a brick instead of an amp. No worries as I have non modeling tube amp, but line6 lost a customer here. My time is worth more (to me, obviously not to line6) than the amp... so I'm done. Recommend no one do the update until you read whatever the USB issue is has been fixed.

One last try after n fails and this worked!: With amp set to reset (lights flashing) I could connect iPad via Bluetooth, which automatically set amp to update, then just a straight up update from iPad. PITA but now functioning, so still have my modeling amp after all. :) Changing my recommendation to don't update via USB...

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

I had this same problem.  But, I have managed to fix it!  At least for me.  I am using windows 10 to update an Amplifi 75.

First I downloaded the Line 6 updater software.

Then I downloaded the driver.

Then I downloaded the flash memory version 2.50.2

Then, in the line 6 updater utility, I clicked on the 'choose file' button, and manually selected the flash memory file that I'd downloaded.  First time I did this, it hung for about a minute till I cancelled it, but at least it was something different so I tried again.  Second time....installed no problem!  I then did the factory reset, and tried to pair up my Samsung Galaxy tablet....it paired no problem!  I've been using it for the last hour, no drop outs, full functionality...I am very happy.

Anyway, I knew how frustrated I was getting, so thought I'd share what I did in case it works for someone else as well.

Good luck!

• 1 year later...

This may sound retarded and all...but here goes:

1.) Tone Light ON while trying to enter update mode (left it alone, just let it be, it's really in update mode just couldn't tell by my lights)

2.) Clicked next on the most recent updater with the most recent firmware loading in ( failed a 1000 times prior no matter what I tried )

3.) The INSTANT the screen started working I reached down and pressed (clicked and tried turning) the volume knob, then the TAP button and TONE and BLUETOOTH as well.

While absolutely nothing on the AMP150 lit up or changed - all of a sudden the red bar started loading on my WIN1064bit screen and it finally updated and WHAMMO !!!

All Good Now !!! Sounds ridiculous I know, but true story ... I was at it for hours before this ...2 putters...1 win tablet...3 usb cables...6 usb 2.0 ports...4 usb 3.0 ports (tried em anyways while I was praying LOL!!!)

Seriously...if all else fails try this...it was almost like you couldn't see it but needed to press a button on the unit to accept the update like...

Good Luck Guys

Slayer

• 1 year later...

Hello guys!

In case you did not find a solution, after trying everything I found on here and failed, I did this and worked:

On your PC (mine is running win 10),

Download and install Line6 Driver2 from the official Line6 download page ,

Download and install the Line6 Updater,

While pressing A and C buttons, power on your unit ( works on amplifi fx100),

Plug it in your pc, via an USB cable,

Run the updater utility, log in, and it should recognize your unit.

Then click on the device you want to update, select the latest firmware and press update.

After a few moments, your amplifi should start and run like it sholud.

Hope it helps!