Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Will ghost pickups help with clanky attack sounds?

I put contact cleaner on the E pickup and it actually sounds worse now. I replaced that pickup for now with a piezo replacement and it still sounds pretty clanky so I put a bit of plastic between the string and the pickup to muffle that clank a bit, sounds good again.

I'm wondering if that's the piezo overloading? It only happens on the Les Paul model. Will ghosts help get rid of that?

I'm trying to do some repairs on my 600 to get it back to 100% but I'm still waiting on a component, else I'm just going to have to deal with it and wait for an opportunity for a JTV.

If it's overloading, try turning the string volume down.  You have to turn it way down with Ghost pickups. (mine on my 500 are now at 50%)  It's more likely something mechanical if it's the standard piezo.  They should not overload.

Well, not overload, but sound really clanky in the attack, especially on the fat E string, something a lot of people have made a topic on even in the JTV threads.