Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax 705 bass case?

I have a Variax 705 bass that came with its factory supplied gig bag. However, it's now time to replace the gig bag with a hard shell case. Unfortunately due to the length of the 705's body at 21.75" I haven't been able to find a cost efficient case that will fit my 705 bass.

Does anyone have a hard shell case for their 705 bass that the bass fits into while providing good protection? If so I'd appreciate it if you would post the make and model of your case.

TD

I purchased this SKB Bass Case for my 705:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/skb-ata-bass-case/h70851000002000

It has worked well for me, the case is a bit tight in length, and around the headstock I have a small pillow placed underneath just to keep it snug there.   I have flown the bass twice across the US, and recently flew it to Tokyo and also had it shipped around Japan as well... no problems at all.    Not only has the case protected the bass, the case still looks pretty good after all that...

On the SKB, be sure to get the "Open Cavity" version, I believe they have another one that is fitted for some other specific bass, and that one won't work for the Variax bass.

Thx for this rob6. Nice looking case and I will keep in mind that I need an "open cavity" case. But I'm looking for something that's not quite so expensive. I won't be travelling with my Variax like you have with yours so I don't need quite the same amount of protection as this case offers.

TD

Found a economy hardshell case that will fit a Variax 705 for anyone interested in upgrading from their Line 6 Variax gigbag to a HSC.

The V705 fits perfectly into a Gator: GWE-BASS case. If you're looking for a Roadcase for your V705, the Gator's G-TOUR BASS case also fits perfectly. But it's 3.5x the price of the GWE-BASS case.

TD