Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD XT Pro - Sudden "internal" humming sound when powered up

After finally getting my POD XT Pro back in the rack (after a good year in storage) - after powerup yesterday - I discovered a faint but noticeable hum coming from within the actual POD case itself.

To be clear - this sound has nothing to do with patches, guitars plugged in or any other kind of typical "amp sim" hum.

Sounds like a possible transformer or something else inside the actual case.

Anyone else experience this - and if so - is a trip to a service center in my future or worse? (Possible failure).

Appreciate any updates.

Cheers!

VP

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the exact problem with my POD XT Pro.   Nothing is even plugged into it or out of it, no headphones and there is a 60 Hz hum.  It's very noticeable through the headphones and when I connected to my amplifier it rendered the setup unusable.

I'm having the exact problem with my POD XT Pro.   Nothing is even plugged into it or out of it, no headphones and there is a 60 Hz hum.  It's very noticeable through the headphones and when I connected to my amplifier it rendered the setup unusable.

That's sounds like a grounding issue if you can hear it thru phones. My issue is different. There is a humming drone coming right out of the case itself - like something in there is out of wack.

To be clear - I have no sounds of any kind coming OUT of the pod when plugged into the system. I can play thru it and it's output is normal.

But take the phones off and you can hear this annoying whine from inside the box in the rack.

VP

• 2 months later...

Just an update on this item - I had the Pod taken to a local shop for a full diagostic and nothing could be found out of the ordinary.

The hum from the internal board (while not completely normal to me) seems to have no effect on the actual operation of the unit itself.

So until I smell burning electronics - I guess I will keep on trucking with it - as is.

Cheers,

VP