Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Feature idea for L2/L3 speakers

This occured to me last night, driving two+ hours through the snow to get home after work.

I have been thinking alot about the best way to create a 'dream rig' in stereo; and I realized there is one crucial element missing from the L2/L3 speakers, that would be quite useful. Not sure it's possible with firmware though, and I haven't searched IdeaScale yet, but here goes.

If, for example, you are using one DT25 and maybe one L2t , for example. The DT (when using L6Link) must be first in the sequence. Then, the HD500 changes it's output mode to combo/power amp or combo/stack, depending on the type of DT amp. All good so far.

Let's say you want to to a dual amp model / stereo patch, no problem. Set the DT to left, the L2t to right, away you go. 

NOW, here is the crux of the problem:

You can then connect an XLR to the DT amp to send to recording, or to the mixer, PA, etc.

While you then *can* connect the L2t XLR out to the same PA, the L2t is now being fed the combo/poweramp output mode, and presumably the L2t is in 'electric guitar' mode.

Correct me if I am wrong - this signal is not optimized for connecting to a PA or mixer at this point correct?

SO, what I think would be nice, is for the L2 / L3 speakers to have a similar "cabinet emulated output" to make the XLR equivalent to what the DT is sending.

I realize this seems somewhat counter-intuitive, but since the HD500 cannot do 'dual output modes', IE, send the DT a combo/poweramp signal while sending the L2/L3 a 'studio/direct' signal, the next best option that is missing is the ability to have the L2/L3 speaker send a PA / mixer friendly XLR Di signal, ala 'cabinet emulated output' similar to whatever the DT does to make the XLR out sound good going to the mixer.

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Stagesource-L2-L3-cabinet-emulated-out-for-use-with-DT-amps/685141-23508

Made an IdeaScale comment. Like I said, I don't have high hopes this is something that can be done with firmware, and due to the somewhat counter intuitive notion, not sure it's an idea which will catch on. 

My most likely solution will probably be to buy another DT25! Unless Winter NAMM 2015 unveils some amazing new option...