Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Why is everything so muddy?

I have UX2 and I am using POD Farm 2

I also have a spider IV75

I feel like both lack any sort of crisp / presence.

It is driving me a little crazy. It is a very subtle quality but best way to describe it is no matter what settings I use, for the most part everything sounds like it is somewhat underwater.

Can anyone give me a good POD Farm2 setup that is good for recording male yelling vocaks (Think Pantera)

I am using cheaper mics (sm57) but I understand there is nothing wrong w/ recording vocals w/ those.

Any tips on settings to gain some Brightness or presence would be great.

Thanks.

Start with no FX - just your vocals into the mic.  Are you recording or trying to use this for live use?  What's the Spider being used for - are you plugging the ouput of the UX2 into it for monitoring?  Are you using the MP3/CD input on the back for this or the guitar input on the front?

Sorry. disregard the amp I just have it and notice it suffers from this same quality.

I have a SM57 plugged into the mic porton the UX2 recording into sonar

I plug my guitar into the instrument input on the UX2 also record into sonar

This is completely for recording purposes.

I have an "exciter" effect in one of my plugins that gives recordings a clarity that I like

I feel like that is what is lacking when I record with this UX2

So you ar esaying the mic sound (with no effects) doesn't sound good - can you post a sound file for us to hear?

interesting, I had never done that before I have been pulling up "male vocal" preset or other chains.

When I record it completely without effects it is better. I quickly realize I may want a condensor mic though.