Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M5 - Powers on, changes presets, but no sound?

tele_jas

It started 2 weeks ago, at first I contributed it to a bad cable... After about an hour of playing at my gig, I had no sound? After frantically narrowing it down to my M5, I just completely removed it from my chain. Like I said, I contributed it to a bad cable.

This weekend, I used all new cables and after 3 songs it did it again? So it went to my car on my first break.

When I say there's "no sound".... That's not entirely true. If you put your ear up to the speaker of my amp, you can faintly hear some sound coming out, but it's basically nothing. 

I'm using the power supply from my TC Electronics Flashback X4, which I've used for the last 6 months with no problems. (it requires 9v 300ma to run, but I believe the power supply is 9v 500ma, I'll verify that tonight) 

Is this a known issue?? If so, how do I fix it? 

Probably going to try a factory reset and/or re-flashing the firmware (if I can find my midi cable). 

Any suggestions? 

• 3 weeks later...

I have exactly the same problem. My unit also suffers from the "flashing screen" issue. Unfortunately just out of warranty and not sure how much it would cost to return it for repair. Anyone here had to do this? Is it an economical repair ?

• Upvote 1

Ok I found mention in another post that performing a factory reset can bring the audio back :

M5: Press and hold the TAP button and tap the Model Select knob to enter the setup menu. Tap the model select knob until you see the MIDI, Tempo and Gate functions. Turn the model select knob until the corresponding display shows RST FACT. Hold the On/Off switch and tap the model select knob twice to reset the M5.

(Taken from the Support - General FAQ)

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 8 years later...