Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Looking for some dirt, Spider iv 15

carlosjrf

Hello people!!! Im new to electric guitars and amps. I have an epi les paul with sd sh-2n & sh-4. 

I almost always play on clean channel but would like to add some dirt. The crunch channel has too much gain for what i want. I turn to the clean channel and turn the drive knob but it only sounds as if i was turning the tone knob on the guitar. Im still getting used to the whole tone setting thing but cant figure out if its the amp thats not working or is it the guitar. Anybody knows how to turn the drive on? Or to clean up the crunch channel?

Have you seen this part of the manual?

http://line6.com/data/6/0a06434d8c33507efa29b63f4/application/pdf/Spider%20IV%2015%20Pilot%27s%20Guide%20-%20English%20%28%20Rev%20F%20%29.pdf

Spider%20IV.JPG?psid=1

If a volume pedal is used before the amp you gert more control over input otherwise your limited to the guitar volume control. The FBV pedal works nice too.

I did but wasnt completely sure I understood. For the "Boost" function, am i adding gain to the channel or is it a preparation for a to use a pedal?

I decided to call the customer support to see how I could do what i want. The guy said that i cant add distortion to the clean channel, just a little fuzz, which contradicts what says on the manual. He also said that if i want to adjust the settings i need to turn the knob all the way to the right and then adjust. So i will try that and see how it works. If not, i will have to return it. I would hate that since im past the 30 day return period, my bad i guess.

i need to turn the knob all the way to the right and then adjust.

It took me some time to get familiar with the controls. I wasn't going to send mine (Spider III 15)  back unless it didn't work correctly. After all these years it still works great.

I think I might have just learned something. If that's correct about turning the knobs all the way to right before adjusting, then again I have the III. I'm going to fire that amp out and play with it soon.

Hello,

I had the same pb with my Spider IV 15 and an Epiphone Special Les Paul II guitar. I fixed the issue by removing my PLC (IP network on power line for my computer).

So I think you have a mass issue.

I hope it will help you to fixe your problem

regards