Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Two way Link6 = no stereo from POD line outs?

I may be confused, but I don't get this.  My setup is JTV>VDI>HD500X>L3Ts x2.

I go out of the POD via the line outs to the individual inputs on each L3T.  However, if I connect the two L3Ts together via the Link6 two way connection, the POD plays in mono, including the CD/MP3 input.  If I disconnect the two way Link 6, I do get stereo out of the POD, but if I connect anything via the mixers or the RCA inputs, they don't make it to the other speakers.

This just doesn't seem right.  Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks,

John

I may be confused, but I don't get this.  My setup is JTV>VDI>HD500X>L3Ts x2.

I go out of the POD via the line outs to the individual inputs on each L3T.  However, if I connect the two L3Ts together via the Link6 two way connection, the POD plays in mono, including the CD/MP3 input.  If I disconnect the two way Link 6, I do get stereo out of the POD, but if I connect anything via the mixers or the RCA inputs, they don't make it to the other speakers.

This just doesn't seem right.  Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks,

John

As for troubleshooting the current setup you are working with, double check that tiny switch on the mixer panel, near middle towards the bottom - says "dual mono" or "stereo link" .. Set it to 'stereo link'

Or, Try just using the Line6 link from the HD500x to the first L3t, the Link out from that speaker to the Link in on the second speaker.

Go into the HD500x system settings, and from there you can assign L3t #1 to get "left" and L3t #2 to get "right"..

Thank you Colonel, you've led me to some further exploration, but I'm still confused.  I'm also not sure how to make the pics bigger. Please bear with me.

First of all, as I understand it, the stereo/double mono only affects how the inputs to the mixer are handled (i.e. channels 1 and 2 are combined or not).  So that isn't really involved. I did try it anyway, and it doesn't affect this issue as I'm describing it.

post-445853-0-84719600-1428881975_thumb.png

Let me show you what I have and what I'm trying to do.  With this setup, the POD does not work in stereo, but the mixer and the RCA aux ins (11) and both mixers do work in stereo.  If I disconnect the two Link6 cables, I of course lose the stereo from the mixer and RCA inputs, but the POD and the CD/MP3 in on the POD are both stereo (although I don't like the sound of the CD/MP3 in).

post-445853-0-71817300-1428884102_thumb.png

If I connect with Line6 link from the POD, and then to the second L3, it all works as you say in regards to the PODS, including the speaker assignments 1 and 2 and stereo sound.  However, the RCA aux input (11) does not cross over to the other speaker.  It only plays on the speaker it's plugged into.

post-445853-0-46666900-1428885074_thumb.png

So I tried this.  I ran one XLR from the Mix Out output (14) of #1 L3T to the line in of #2 L3T (10).  (red line) This sends the CD player across to the other, but the result is mono.  There is no CD Player audio at the Loop thru output.  

post-445853-0-93628700-1428885610_thumb.png

Just to check, I tried to run from the Mix Out output (14) of #2 L3T back to the line in of #1 L3T, and was glad I was ready to yank the cable.  This sets up an internal feedback loop.  No go.

So, I simply would like to have both the POD and all inputs on the L3Ts operate in stereo, and I can't seem to pull it off.  Can't be right.

Thanks for your time...

John