Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

[x3 live] properly pluged in? controlling amp?

zjemcie

Hello, i got 2 questions.
I just bought new amp (bugera 333 infinium head). Im using pod x3 live only for effects, i would like to have unchanged amp sound, and only effects by pod. Im not really sure how to plug in Pod for fx loop. I just pluged Guitar in[pod] -> fx loop out, and Live out -> loop return. Im not sure if that configuration is correct, i hope that you can help me with that.
Also, i was woundering, is it possible to change channels using that pod ? for example, i want my banks to be like: 1A Clean, 1B clean with delay, 2C chrunch, 2d chrunch with delay. (clean and chrunch from amp). Im not sure how to ever start it, cause im totally noob in midi controlling. Will it work if i, for example plug in the midi out to the footswtich in plug?
(sorry for my english, hope you understand)

Cheers.

• Downvote 1

4 cable method.

Cable 1 Guitar -> POD Guitar In

Cable 2 POD EFF SEND -> Amp Gutiar In

Cable 3 Amp Effect Send -> POD EFF RETURN (left)

Cable 4 POD Live out -> Amp Effect Return.

I do not think you can control the Amp channel with the POD. Maybe someone else will know. If it is possible it woudl be done via a MIDI interface and the amp would also have to accept MIDI which I do not see on Bugera head. 

what is the difference between 4 cable method, than mine?

From your description I could not tell exactly how you have it hooked up. 3 connections?

"Guitar in[pod] -> fx loop out, and Live out -> loop return."

So the 

1. Gutiar to POD.  okay

2. fx loop out? connected to?

3. Live out -> loop return.  okay cable 4? 

If you don't want to use the pre amp on the amp itself. Then normally just Gutiar -> Pod and then Live out -> loop return.

.1 guitar >> amp input

2. fx send >> pod guitar in

3. fx return>>pod live out

This can work. But all the effects will be in the Amps effects loop. Modulation, Delay and Reverb effects will work good here but your gain effects such as distortion generally will not sound good.  Using the 4 cable method like I had above will mean the guitar amps pre amp will be in the PODs effects loop. So you turn on the POD effects loop and then you can have the effects before or after the guitars pre-amp. It's an extra cord but give you much more flexablity with the POD.

Differences.

1. The guitar goes into the POD First not the Amp.

2. The POD effects send to the Amps Guitar input.

3. The amps effects send to the POD left effects return.

4. The POD Live out to the Amps Effects return.

The Bugera 333 has levels on the send and return. So you will have to play with the levels on it and levels on the POD to find the best noise ratios.

• 1 month later...