Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

XDV-75 , Heil RC35 Capsule & Environment Filter

Ok.. so I just got a new Heil RC35 wireless capsule for my XD-V75 system..

( When I sing at church I use a V-35 reciever )

so a few questions...   I read some threads here from a few years back that talk about removing the pad resistor from the RC35 capsule to work better with the Line6 transmitter.. Is this necessary? is this really a " better " thing to do ?  I find I have plenty of headroom to work with ( so far ) so is this just one of those things where you can do it or not do it and its fine either way ?

Also the environment/dynamic filter...  I dont notice a difference in sound quality when its in NORM or OFF...  I do notice more handling noise when its in the OFF position and maybe some useless fuzzier low end in my voice that I dont think I need anyway but I see alot of threads saying to turn it " off " ....    Do those with the RC35 capsule really feel like its better to have it off ??     When I use the  V-35 reciver, I notice that it sounds just like the V75 reciever when the dynamic filer is set to NORM   so I guess continuity doesnt hurt if I keep it on NORM.. but  I'd love to get some Line6 opinions on the matter as you guys have never steered me wrong..

I will say, This RC35 capsule is amazing.. I still love my SM86 capsules that I've been using but this thing is just on another level... clarity, warmth, smooth and NO EQ needed !!   how about that?!?!?  mic that I dont have to stress out about EQing the channel or instructing a " sound guy " at a church how to EQ my mic...  excellence is here when coupled with a Line 6 XD-V mic transmitter !