Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

m13 Tuner Knob does not work anymore

PeWeHH

Today on a quite big gig, the tuner knob didn't work all of a sudden, no matter how long or hard I srtepped on it. Switching off and on the pedal doesn't change anything. I read in some other entries according this problem, saying that a factory reset will not help. I did a lot of work on two complete setups, therefore I'm hesitating to do this anyhow. What could cause this malfunction? Is there any 'dirty' trick to repair it, or must I send the unit back?

The tuner foot switch gets used a lot as it is also the tap tempo foot switch. I had to replace mine myself. It is a tiny tactile switch under the actual plunger you press with your foot with 4 solder contacts.You can find youtube videos to show you how to do it.Resetting the unit will not help.These switches are delicate and dont require much pressure to switch.They are like the buttons on your TV remote they just look like heavy duty stomp switches.They are not.With care they las a long time.

Good Luck!

• 5 months later...

I did a lot of work on two complete setups, therefore I'm hesitating to do this anyhow.

You can back up all your settings via midi and restore them later. 

I'm having the same problem, I had the switches replaced with heavy duty ones and it made no difference, and in any case the tap button works just fine, it's only the tuner, and it only doesn't work on some scenes, so I'm pretty sure it's a software problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a bunch of testing, documented elsewhere, but the underlying cause appears to be expression pedal assignments and some combinations of effects.

I found that just completely removing the expression pedal assignments makes the problem go away, even after you put the expression pedal assignments back again. Bit of a pain to go back and set up all your expression settings again, but at least the tuner now works again.

Fingers crossed it doesn't come back.