Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

pitch glide whammy bar

panaman

i got the idea from other recent posts on the pitch glide. a whammy with both up and down action.

and i thought this should be easy to do. the idea was to use 1 fixed pitch glide as an offset and a second one with the foot controller (exp-1).

say i want to whammy 2 tones (4 semitones) up and down, i need 8 semitones. set the other pitch glide to -4, and the exp-controlled pitch glide to min 0, max +8. then in exp pedal middle position the resulting pitch should be unaltered. +4 -4 = 0

i had not taken the pod factor into account.

the edit now calls my exp1 pedal exp2. ok i`ll go with exp2 for now and figure that out some other day.

setting the -4 on the 1st pitch glide works as expected, result is 4 semitones lower. great.

now needs assigning the pedal to the other glide. but which one? why arent adjacent effects next to each other in the effects parameters view and in the pull down menu in controller assign  in edit? the bottom one is the top one in the controllers assign menue but both are not next each other as in the chain.

ok. 50-50 chance, picked the right one accidentally.

click send selected cause we know all will be lost with the slightest pedal movement or other touch of the pod.

now the pedal does something  (min 0 max 100) ??????????? argh right, values are in percent now. with the pedal in middle position, changing both min and max values alter the pitch unintuitively. and vanish from the screen when touching the pedal. again and again.

i give up. another pod tweaking experience.

i think the pros will have to take it from here, i hope someone will.

When assign controllers in Edit... don't touch the pod, until you have left the Controllers screen. The Pod does 2-way communication with edit, and touching the Pod while edited can screw things up with the controllers.