Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Remote App Rating Nag Screen and Overall FH First Impressions

RafterRattler

Can anyone tell me how to stop this darned 'rate me' nag screen from coming up on the Android app? No matter how many times I press the 'no thanks' button, it continues to come back, sometimes multiple times per session. I don't want to rate it - and if it keeps nagging me, Line 6 won't be happy with my rating. Any help would be appreciated. I'm already running the latest app version and firmware.

Other thoughts....

Had my FH for about a week now, and while I do love some things, once again I've been bitten by a Line 6 product. So far every product I've purchased from Line 6 can be described as 'half-baked'. They have great, creative ideas, but the implementation always falls short for me - mainly due to bugs or other design point issues. In addition to annoying patch switching artifacts and lag, bluetooth disconnects in iOS when switching apps (Apple's fault), painfully long initial app hardware patch load times, just working with the iOS and Android apps is an exercise in futility for heavy editing. Press...slide...oops missed...press again....try to slide...nothing moves...press harder like an idiot...slide...oh there's that darned tweak prompt again, so I must have missed again...back...press...slide...sound barely changes...etc...press another slider... In addition, AB tone comparisons are downright infuriating to try to do....

switch to a patch...

wait 10 seconds for it to load....

play a few chords or notes...

switch to the second patch...

wait 10 seconds...

play a few notes...

open the editor screen...

make a change..

play a few notes...

in order to not lose the change, save to My Tones...

wait...

save to hardware...

wait...

swith back to first tone to compare...

repeat...

There has got to be a better way. Before anyone asks why I don't just match the settings directly, it's because I'm using another modeler in the external loop as the compared patch and trying to match it using the FH alone.

Can you tell I was frustrated when I wrote this? :D. No, I'm not a troll...just aggravated at Line 6 at the moment. Frankly I really don't know why I keep doing this to myself. I guess I just love their creative ideas so much that I keep hoping they'll hit the mark. That said, I'm already making popcorn to watch the Helix release...

RR

You can save manually using the pedals on the Firehawk which should suit you better when ABing with your old gear

Just long press on the patch your editing

Screen flashes (save mode)

Either select a new patch location or just long press again to save

If you give the app a rating it will stop asking for one, you can change it later so just rate it as you see it