Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How To Active M5 Tap Tempo Mode ?

dudulu823

I already read the Line 6 manual,

I think this is way out in manual :

TAP - Tap tempo is available for all Delay effects, most Modulation effects, and some Filter effects. For Delay and Modulation effects turn the middle top row PARAMETER KNOB or for Filters turn the left bottom row PARAMETER KNOB all the way to max, and you’ll switch between tap tempo and regular control modes. Once you’re in tap tempo control mode, turn the knob to select one of the available note values. Tap two or more times on the TAP switch, and all the effects set to tap tempo control will change their time/speed/tempo to match the tempo you tapped. To end tap tempo operation for an effect, turn the knob to max again. NOTE: Parameters set to tap tempo control are not affected by expression pedal operation. 

I already try to turn the middle top row knob all the way max but the values still is ms,

anyone can teach me how to solve this problem?

thanks and cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there, did you ever get your problem solved?  I'm having the same issue....turning that button to max, but never goes into Tap tempo mode, but it only doesn't work in SCENE 1A, it works in all the other scenes....well anyhow, just wondering did you figure it out?

Thx,

Ken

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My M9 just got this problem after many years of use. After try many solution include factory reset, reinstall firmware, downgrade firmware etc. nothing solve this.

So....my last resort, because my warranty ran out, I took off enclosure and clean the knob with " contact cleaner spray. "

BOOM! My problem solved! every knob function as it should be again, knob can go to max and engaged tap tempo mode.

**beware when apply cleaning spray, you shouldn't spray on the knob's pole, it will lose knob's friction that make it feel like cheap audio device! and also hard to fine-tune adjustment.