Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Adding Wah Effect Works With Toe, but Not Pedal

sxross

I was able to do this in the past, but have obviously forgotten some key element. I have a straight-through stomp-box configuration with no amp models. The signal chain is:

Tube Compressor -> Conductor -> Chorus -> Distortion (several)

I've had this in place for a while, but noticed that while I can activate the Conductor using the toe switch, moving the pedal does not do anything. This may have been something new in firmware -- I've updated that more recently than this patch.

The L6 factory presets still work fine with the pedal and effect.

Any help on what I may have done wrong is appreciated.

The Conductor is set at 100% mix and the controller uses the toe switch to activate and the pedal position to control the effect 0-100%.

Thanks!

I gave it "one more try" and it worked. Not having an EXP-2, I'm not certain the significance of the LED turning from red to green when the toe switch is pressed. In any case, I made the changes in the POD-HD software. What may have worked was shutting the effect off by default and then uploading it (downloading it?) to the device.

I guess I wish I knew what the real problem was so I could fix things on the fly.

...therefore the FX parameters assigned to EXP 1 will be controlled by the pedal only when the red led is on, and those FX parameters assigned instead to the EXP 2 will be controlled by the pedal only when the green led is on...

hurghanico, thanks for clearing that up! I was trying to assign something to the pedal one day and couldn't get it working, but now I see why.