Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk with bass guitar

JonX

Hi everyone, 

I'm in search for a multieffect unit for my guitar and bass. I wanted to ask if anyone can share his experience of using the firehawk with bass.

does anyone do it at all? I can't find any reference about that.

thanks,

JonX

Hello, I have been using the Firehawk FX with my 5 string Cort A5 Artisan bass (active Bartolini MK-1 pickups) for several months. I do not use any cabs or amp models. I use the compressor, gate, eq mostly. Also the Smart Harmony HD fx makes a decent Octave up effect, kinda like a POG and has % mix so you can blend it nicely... Mostly I got it because I can control it from my phone or Nook..(both Android) and I needed a compressor.  After loading 1.10 firmware I have had no  problems. Have not loaded 1.20 yet. The ducking delay is nice as is the chorus and flange fx... It can do overdrive and other distortion effects well but I don't use them. The direct XLR out is nice for playing through a sound system at church or other similar venue. Just make sure you mute your phone if you have it connected (blutooth) and are using the output in NON-amp mode. It streams music if you want to but it will also play notifications etc... through the output unless amp mode is used.

All in all I like the Firehawk FX but I don't use that many of the features...... Maybe if they had a SVT cab....... But I run it into my Markbass  CMD121p with an 800 watt head, when not going direct, and it sounds great.....

Hope this helps, Mark