Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone with amplify 150 to compare FH 1500

capdoogie

So, this would be the next evolution of amplify, but it's so honkn big and heavy. It's the size of a super reverb and over 60 pounds. How about a amplify 150ish amp that's gig worthy xlr outs and it doesn't tower over you when used as a monitor. And you don't blow the ears of the front row.

It's quite heavy for sure, but is much better suited for playing with a band.  I have an Amplifi 150 and it sounds OK. I tried using it as a FRFR for the Helix. That sounded OK, but only at playing at basement studio levels. The flimsy 1/8" aux jack isn't road worthy - period.  

The FH1500 sounds better at any volume to me than the Amplifi 150. The dynamic range is immense and the models seem more realistic. The i/o is extensive, so I'll be able to go stereo into the PA, plus run a monitor signal back into the unit. One less box to haul. The FH1500 is professional. 

I'll be trying the FH1500 at some live gigs in a few weeks to see how it compares to my Egnater Renegade and pedal board. The Egnater sounds great, but I'm hoping to be able to be done with tubes. They're expensive and I don't replace and bias them as often as I should. 

Yeah let's us know how it plays out. Xlr out to FOH tone compared to the six speaker sound you have in your face. I'm just Leary it doesn't transfer well from dialing in tones then running xlr out but I hope I'm wrong. I returned my helix had night mare problems playing out with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Mstumme, is pretty much correct I a/b my amplifi 150 to the fh1500. I used the same downloaded presets to both with same volume levels. The fh1500 is just better all the way around. Tone is closer amp like than amplifi. Also most of the amps are from the HD family unlike the Amplifi. The FH app is better, also you can assign your fx blocks to your floor pedal just like helix, looper is great addition. The fbv mkii also works with the fh1500. Don't let the 1500 watt rating scare you. The volume control is great from low to high it keeps its tone. But let the wieght scare you. Line6 this amp needs casters! 63 lbs! Oh preset switching is way faster than amplify and maybe even the helix I used to own! I will be playing out next week will report back with live experience.....

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I put my experience with giging out with fh1500 under review thread. What I've been doing lately is I use my amplifi 150 for streaming my music and use the 1500 for practicing and gigging out. It easier to tell if your tone selection for your preset is close with out running the music thru the FH 1500 also. Plus if something were to go wrong I have its lighter cousin for a backup.