Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 75 update failed

bethbob1

ok just got this thing today and need to update it to get it to work with android. I dont have an IOS device so that option is a no go. Trying to update via PC/USB cable. First the updater didnt show the 75 in the device list, after about an hour looking on the forums found out that the driver needed to be updated before the utility will recognize the device. did that and it now shows up in the devices list. (noticed afterwards that this is mentioned while going through the update process on the line 6 updater but if your device isnt listed you wont get that far so that should be one of the first things you get notified on.) 

now device is listed wooo hooo... put the 75 in update mode, go through the utility annnnnnd update error...

"please do not disconnect the USB cable or power down the device during update" 

uhm... no kidding? 

tried all the ports on my PC like all 8 of them and i only have one old school usb a/ usb b cable so what do i do now?

everything i've seen is use an IPhone.. and if that doesnt work use a PC... so i'm asking a few people to use their Iphone but if that doesnt work and updating via PC is supposed to be the fall back plan what do i do? 

btw i work in IT this should not be this difficult esp if your target audience seems to be casual players. 

any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.