Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Got a problem

I loaned my Spider IV to a friend who needed an amp to toil with so I went back to my other brand amp for meantime, I didn't own it long enough to play with. Heres the problem, either all the settings are gone (friend said he did a factory reset holding down "Tap" button when powering on) or all the channels sound the same out the box so to say. What did my friend do to the amp? 

Which Spider IV do you have?  factory reset sets all the preset patches back to how they come out of the factory, so any custom patches you saved in the user locations (assuming this is a 75 or higher model) would be gone.  If all the patches sound the same, he may have saved each one separately after doing the factory reset.  If this is a 15 or 30, you only have 4 patch locations, and he may have held in each button in turn, saving the current sound in each one - you can revert back to the factory settings again by doing another factory reset.