Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help with Line 6 microphone


Recommended Posts

Hi

 

Looking for some advice. I recently upgraded my radio mic which was a VHF KAM KWM6(older mic) to a new digital mic which is a line 6 XD-V35. Only problem is that I connected the the new mic up and it is not as loud as the old radio mic. My radio mic sounds amazing compared to this new line 6 mic. I tested the new line 6 digital mic in the shop and it sounded great so I know it's not a fault with the mic. To get it loud I need to turn the gain almost up to full and the mic volume up to full on my mixer which is obviously creating a loud interference. I have new EV speakers so they are good speakers. Someone mentioned it could be the mixer. I have a smaller mixer which is a 402-VLZ3 which is a premium mic/ line mixer. I am so confused as to why this new digital microphone is giving out hardly any volume. I am not great with things like this. Can anyone help or offer advice?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Which input on your mixer are you using? The L6 mics are set up to produce the same output level as a normal wired mic and so need to be connected to a mic input on a mixer. I guess you might be plugged in to a line (jack) input? Use a standard XLR cable to connect from the L6 receiver to a mic input and you should be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...