Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

.056 gauge string does not seem to fit in my JTV89F.

I unscrewed the Allen screw all the way back and a 56 gauge string does not fit. Anyone else have this problem?

Wanted to try NYXL 11-56 strings.

Do I have to shave off .005 off the little block?

Maybe I should ask if anyone has been able to fit a .056 in the bridge of the 89F.

If it's not fitting into the saddle with the piezos, then you're out of luck. Any alteration of the piezos can ultimately damage them. You can only get away with altering so much of the shell of the piezo elements, otherwise it'll cause damage.

Thanks for the feedback clay-man, but the piezo is not what needs shaving. There is a tiny block (black in the picture) that gets pushed forward to trap the string when the allen screw pushes it forward. It might be called a "saddle vice" or "string lock inset". That's what would have to be shaved to allow more room for the string. A .048 gauge fits, so maybe .006 - .008 off the block would work. Not sure how I'm going to do that through.

Obviously not the JTV Floyd, but it was easier to just use this picture:

post-1143921-0-50471400-1459141094_thumb.jpg

Found a better picture. #2 in this diagram.

post-1143921-0-52916400-1459142053_thumb.jpg