Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

new to sonic-port: can't connect w/ iPhone

Hi, I just got a Sonic Port. I read the manual, I downloaded the Mobil Pad app for my iPhone 5 (iOS 9.3) , I checked for the correct microphone setting on the iPhone - alas, after connecting with the lightning cable nothing seems to happen. I can open the Mobile app but that's it.

Question: is there something that needs to be done and I'm not aware of? I did a restart on my iPhone, but still. When I play one of the sample files it's played back via the iPhone speakers and not via the Sonic Port.

Any help and hints very much appreciated - thank you !!

I can't help much as I've just bought and connected a new Sonic Port myself. I did experience a similar problem at first where my iphone/Pad was playing music but no sound from the guitar. I re-made the connections several times (not very scientifically I'm afraid!) and eventually got guitar sound. All I can suggest is re-making the connections in a different order and see if that helps.

I have another question about volume but I'll do a separate post about that.