Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Guitar input volume

jpm100eb

So, best I can describe my issue is that even with my guitar volume pot dimed, I still can't get the high gain distortions and sustain. It's almost like it doesn't really go past 6 or 7 and is still kinda clean. Even with Rectifire, 5150 or Bogner amps with an Obsessive drive in front of it.

Normally would think the pot needs cleaning or re-solder, but it's virtually a brand new Suhr Modern Satin. Still not out of the question, but I think it's unlikely.

Have yet to try with an amp to see how it performs with a real amp as a test though.

I'm playing through headphones (DT 770, 80 ohm) only right now since I'm in a condo. Headphone volume is about 10 o'clock and is a decent level.

This goes for all the patches, so it's not just one patch where a noise gate could be choking it. And the volume pedal is at 100%.

Any ideas? Read to change input impedance to Auto instead of 1M. Will try that when I get home to see if it helps, but wanted to see if anyone else has run into this.