Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

spider iv 150w combo amp

I have just bought a line 6 spider 4 150w combo amp about 2 months ago and saw on the back of amp it has a speaker port. am i able to get a cabinet and have this thing work like a full stack amp? if i can what cabinet should i get for it? and whats compatible for it? if not is someone able to explain what exactly those are there for? please and thank you. and i also apologize if this topic has already been discussed in the past.

With the current amp you have two speakers, 1 for left, one for right.  The amp must have both sides hooked up to something otherwise an imbalance will occur and eventually burn up something in the amp.

If you connected one (mono) speaker cabinet to one of the speaker outputs on the amp (there are 2 - left and right) you would have one side coming out of the one speaker in the combo still connected and the other side coming out of the newly connected cabinet.

To get a balanced (left & right) sound, you would need to either:

1) hook up both left and right outputs to the left and right input jacks on a stereo cabinet; or

2) hook up left output to one (mono) cabinet and right output to a second (mono) cabinet.

I believe the impedance needs to be at least 8 ohms on the cabinets (check the amp specs), so verify that before hooking up any external speakers.