Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Jtv-59 Volume Drop On Low E String And Bridge Noise

Could somebody please help me.... Ive had my JTV-59 since October and it worked wonderfully at first. Now I am having some problems with it and im completely stuck on what to do. First I noticed the bridge making an odd noise ONLY through the Variax Pickup system... NOT the passive. It sounded like a metallic noise. which i narrowed it down to the Low e string while palm muting....i also tapped on the bridge and heard the same noise through the amp. Then i noticed a Volume drop in the same string on all models especially on any clean/acoustic settings. I believe it has something to do with the saddle on that string because if i apply a little pressure over the saddle and string, the volume increases slightly.I dont know what else to do.... Im in desperate need of this guitar as now I based my whole Live show around it. Im oping this is something i can resolve at home and nothing i have to ship to be repaired. I would be willing to accept any and all opinions on this!

Thanks

Beau

I haven't tried this, so it's total guesswork, however:

Line 6 sells replacement piezo pickups. Therefore, you must be able to remove and replace them. I would possibly try swapping one of the other pickups with the one in the low E string and see if the problem persists. If it goes away, it's the pickup. If not, there's a mechanical problem.

As I say, I've never done this or looked closely at the piezos. Maybe there's a more obvious problem like a bit of grit under the string, or piezo, or something else.

Could somebody please help me.... Ive had my JTV-59 since October and it worked wonderfully at first. Now I am having some problems with it and im completely stuck on what to do. First I noticed the bridge making an odd noise ONLY through the Variax Pickup system... NOT the passive. It sounded like a metallic noise. which i narrowed it down to the Low e string while palm muting....i also tapped on the bridge and heard the same noise through the amp. Then i noticed a Volume drop in the same string on all models especially on any clean/acoustic settings. I believe it has something to do with the saddle on that string because if i apply a little pressure over the saddle and string, the volume increases slightly.I dont know what else to do.... Im in desperate need of this guitar as now I based my whole Live show around it. Im oping this is something i can resolve at home and nothing i have to ship to be repaired. I would be willing to accept any and all opinions on this!

Thanks

Beau

The Tyler piezo bridge is junk IMO, poorly designed and even more poorly manufactured I am really hoping GraphTech or someone else will step up eventually with a nice no mod required replacement option.

Oh, and my bridge makes lots of crazy noises too. Currently looking for a good fix.