Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can you change models in pedal edit mode?

zooey

You can adjust the parameters of a model that's already there, but you can't for instance change one amp or cab or wah block to be a different one. Too bad if true, but it seems to be.

Or I'm thick and need a clue.

You also can't insert new blocks I think, or move them, but that's a more understandable limitation of that UI, since once you're in pedal edit mode, you're either choosing a block to edit, or editing one.

And $0.000002 nobody asked for... I initially didn't take pedal edit mode very seriously, seemed slow and fiddly, but after having a Helix for a while, I've come to appreciate and use it. These days I mostly have my Helix on the floor, not table height like at first while I got to know it, and it actually is handy to be able to tweak stuff from a standing position.

There is a bit of a hang with higher resolution parameters. You can either step through 128 or whatever number of values + or - 1 at a time, or use the pedal. +/- 1 is great for IRs, for instance, but not so much for others. The pedal is cool for big changes, but once you move it to some intermediate position, when it jiggles slightly it outputs the value where it is, which might not be anywhere near the current value if you've fine-tuned with +/- after pedaling. You could tighten it way up, but it's comfortable for me as-is for more typical uses like value or wah.