Sign in to follow this  
sman44

Spider V No guitar sound

Just purchased a Spider V 60. Drum sounds play through the speakers but guitar will not. Not an issue with the chord or guitar. Updated firmware but it didn't fix the problem

Guest Bob

I did a factory reset on mine when the same thing happened and it fixed it right away. Give it a shot if you didn't already, hopefully that helps.

Q: How do I perform a factory reset on the Spider V series?

A: Hold down the Home button to access the settings menu. Scroll down with the encoder to where it says Factory Reset. Scroll to the right and press the encoder knob to hit Yes.

Guest Tbone

I had the same problem using the FBV3 until I found that if I take the volume pedal all the way down to 0 and then raise it, I once again had sound.  I don't know if that would apply to just the amp by turning the volume knob all the way down or not.  Guess it's worth a try

Also some patches from the tone cloud have a volume pedal in the signal chain. You get no sound unless you turn the pedal off if you don't have a pedal connected. Took me a few minutes to realise this, I was freaking thinking my new amp had gone bad! :-)

I have just experienced the same problem with my spider 5 240. No sound from anywhere. Guitar input, wireless or corded, AUX in, drum loops, guitar loops..... Nothing. I did a factory reset, but still experiencing the same issues.

Also my FBV floorboard is not powering up an interview have tried different cat5 cables.

I put in a support ticket, let's see what happens.

I just had the same problem. It scared me because I have a show coming up soon. I use the G10 wireless transmitter so I was thinking that it went bad on me. I tried a regular guitar cable and still had no sound (the drum beat button still worked but that wasn't helping me). I began to follow someone else's instructions to reset the amp to factory settings (which I didn't want to do because I have custom settings that I love). Holding down the Home button, I saw that my wireless was on channel six. I plugged the G10 into the amp and watched it cycle through different channels until it seemed to be happy with channel 1. Then I plugged it into my guitar and BAM! I was back in business! I hope this helps you guys and I hope it never happens while any of us are onstage.

I also had this issue. I tried the factory reset and all is well! Thankyou to the person who posted that remedy!

I reset the factory settings and upgraded the firmware, nothing solved this problem.