Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dumble sounds killer with semihollow Ibanez AS120

billlorentzen

I've had a hard time finding amps that worked really well for medium gain distortion sounds on any modeler with my semihollow. They have tended to sound farty (um, not tight) on low notes. The Dumble, as I hoped, sounds especially good with my Ibanez AS120. Thanks, L6 Helix team! You guys keep making me happy.

(Now, about that mix control on distortion pedals...)

I quite often pull some low end out early in the chain, and/or in the amp itself, and quite likely add some back in post the amp, for exactly that reason. It's worth a try if you haven't.

But cool that the Dumble handles that sort of thing well.

Interesting. The Helix is the very first modeler that has made me happy about my medium gain sounds. It's made me happier than real amps because I don't have to play so loud to get the feel I want.

I agree. I got some decent tones with the Pod HD, but the Helix sounds super nice for just-breaking-up sounds. I could never go back to real amps because I'd have to bring several to a gig!

• Upvote 1