Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to control amplitube tone? MKII express?

I've been using a Toneport UX2 for years connected to my laptop. Guitar -> toneport UX2 -> USB -> amplitube -> USB back out -> toneport UX2 -> headphones. No amp involved.

I'd now like to be able to control my tone, both my using an expression pedal and footswitches. I understand that the UX2 can handle footswitches but not expression pedals.

I thought that if I bought a MKII I could use it with my UX2 but it doesn't seem that it's compatible. Then I thought I could use it alone but it doesn't have an audio output. So what do I need to buy to control my tone on amplitube with a footswitch and expression pedal?

Thanks for your time

• 1 month later...

The MKII Express doesn't work WITH your UX2, it's only a midi controller and works with software, like Amplitube BIAS or PodFarm. I find it works great with all three programs. You will want to download the software (FBV Control) in order to change how the pedal is configured. The MKII will be plugged into your computer through USB and consider it as a separate piece of equipment, because it is. Last, but not least, the MKII Express and Shortboard are MIDI only, so there would be no audio outs, since it is only a controller and produces no audio itself, the audio would still come from your soundcard, in this case, from your UX2.