Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UX1 / Input Selection / Switch Instrument & Mic

Hi there,

I'm owning a UX1 for some Bass-Recording. I also use it as my default Soundcard for Windows. I also own a Microphone connected to it (XLR). Now, I also use this microphone for e.g. skype + some Stereo-Headphones. My problem is:

In the Settings (in Control Panel) for the inputs i have multiple Presets to select from. These presets assign differing Devices to the inputs 1+2 and 3+4. The last one, 3+4, is Asio only. To make use of my Microphone i need it to be assigned to 1+2 because 3+4 is Asio only what, in my understanding, means that i can only use them with e.g. Podfarm or other Software, NOT directly in Windows. In fact I dont get Input from my Microphone if its on 3+4 in Windows, only Pdfarm or e.g. Reason Ltd.. Now, there are some Profiles concerning the Mic Input. One is Instrument/Mic. But this sets my Instrument on 1+2 und my Mic on 3+4. Same problem.. The only other Profile which is giving me Mic1 on 1+2 ist the one that also gives me Mic2 on 3+4. But then I will have no Instrument at all!  In result I would have to switch between these profiles everytime I would like to skype or record. This is not very cool. Now my questions are:

- Can I do something to get Mic Input in Windows without having to keep Podfarm open or something like this?

- Can I do something to the Profiles so that I have Mic1 on 1+2 and Instrument1 on 3+4?

Greetings

Marco