Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problems with FBV Shortboard and Pod HD Pro X

Flenix

Hello all.

I've had a HD Pro X for a while, and just got a good deal on a Flexitone III with a FBV Shortboard MKI. I checked multiple threads that said the board was compatible with my Pro X, so figured it was a good idea to use the board with my rack unit and keep the flexitone as a practice amp at home.

However, it seems the FBV doesn't quite work as expected with the pro x. In order to change patches, I have to click one of the "Bank" pedals; even if the patch I'm switching to is in the same bank as my current patch - which means two pedals every time I want to change patches.

By default (Without pressing bank), the 4 channel buttons are actually editing toggleable parameters in the patch; something I really don't need. 

Because of this, the channel lights also don't really show what channel I'm currently on, which is kind of annoying.

I've tried using HD Pro X Edit, but it seems pretty useless. It doesn't have much ability to change what a footswitch does (Or even recognise official Line 6 footswitches, which I found odd) - instead it just lets you decide whether by default switches 1-8 are on, or off.

Is there some sort of setting I'm missing somewhere that will resolve this? In an ideal world, I'd want channels 1-4 to change between channels 1-4 (or A-D as they're called on this amp), and preferably leave the other 4 (FS1-4 on the software, STOMP/MODULATION/DELAY/REVERB on the pedal) to be assignable.

Any help appreciated, thanks :)

EDIT: After lots and lots of searching, I finally found out it was a setting which can only be changed on the amp itself. It's one of very few settings, so I can only assume that was an oversight in developing the Pro X Edit software. Added this here for future people from the same problem.

To fix, go into global settings on the unit itself, and there should be an option somewhere for footswitch control. You can switch it between FS5-8 and ABCD - you want ABCD to be able to change patches.