Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Jtv + Hd500 Tuner & Volume Bug When Using Vdi Cable

trickypicky

I've have a JTV-69 and a HD500 that are both about 2 years old.  There seems to be some kind of bug this behavior is only when I'm using the VDI cable (doesn't happen with 1/4").

So often I will do this sequence of events:

1. Turn the volume down on the JTV-69
  2. Press and hold the "Tap" button on the HD-500 to switch to the tuner
  3. Turn the volume up on the JTV-69
  4. Tune the guitar
  5. Turn the volume down on the jtv-69
  6. Press the "Tap" button on the HD-500 to leave tuner mode
  7. bump the strings, make a lot of noise, because for some reason my guitar is up 100% even though the knob is set to 0.
  8. turn the tuner slightly back up and down to 0.   Now it is actually set to 0

Please note that this happens on patches that have no variax settings configured (I.e. tuning, volume/tone settings, models, etc.  and the tuner is set to mute on my HD500 at all times.

Can anyone else confirm this is a bug?  If so is there away to submit it to L6?

It's annoying as crap, because even though I'm aware of this behavior. I get burned by it.  I'm usually playing at an event and will be tuning while there is someone speaking, or while something else is going on, and a random guitar noise is pretty annoying for everyone else involved.

Thanks!