Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

AU Plugin as amp

uelef

Is there any way on my Mac that is connected via USB to my Helix to use an AU amp simulation as amp in Helix? I want to have stomp effects in front of the amp and some effects like delay after the plugin. I succeeded in using stomp effects before the amp but not in using also some after the amp.

Can anyone help? Is it possible - how do I have to route the signal?

Ulf

Yup. You can do this. Put the pedals you want in front of the amp on path 1. Have the output from path 1 go to a USB channel that goes into the AU amp.

Then have path B come from a DIFFERENT USB out which come from the AU amp.

Add your post amp FX to B.

But what AU are you using. Helix sounds GREAT, probably better than most of these AU amp plug-ins. Plus, you may deal with a latency issue, too, depending on the computer and the plug in.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your immediate reply, Peter. I finally got it. I did it the right way – except the output. The problem was that it was set to "Multi" – that caused problems with the USB channels. After setting it to XLR everything worked fine.

I know that HELIX sounds great but I was curious how other amp simulations like BIAS Amp and Kuassa Creme (Dimitar Nalbantov creates astonishing sounds with the plugin) sound  compared to HELIX.