Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mac High Sierra and Garageband (Bug?)

ljholland

I'm getting an error in Garageband that says that the Native plugin needs to be updated.  Native worked fine in Garageband under Sierra but since the update won't load.  I know that Native is working because it runs fine in Ableton Live.

Can anyone else confirm?

Thanks!

Me too.  worked fine on a brand new MacBook Pro with Sierra. Upgraded to High Sierra and now it gets that error:

"The Audio Unit “Helix Nativ†could not be loaded for your project, and may need to be updated. Contact the manufacturer for an updated version or further assistance."

Re-installing Native didn't fix.  Using Native version 1.0.1.

I posted the problem on TheGearPage and one of the Line 6 product managers replied with:

Apple decided to change its sandboxing requirements for GarageBand in the Golden Master release of High Sierra; that is, we (and many others in this industry) had no warning of this change until right before High Sierra was made public.

The next release of Helix Native will address this.

Here's a link:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/helix-native-plug-in.1786588/page-44#post-25063550

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...