Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M13 Sync To Midi Clock - Some Clarification Please!

Now_and_Then

So I'm considering an M13. It depends on the extent of the M13's ability to sync to midi clock.

I've been looking at the available pdf's here and I'm pretty sure that all the delay models are sync-able along with the Mod FX but the situation with the Filter FX models is not completely clear to me.

I'd probably have a better time of this if I actually had an M13 here but I don't.

The "Pilot's Guide" states:

"TAP - Tap tempo is available for all Delay effects, most MOD effects, and some Filter effects. For Delay and MOD effects turn the second top row knob or for Filters turn the first bottom row knob of the FX Unit all the way to max, and you’ll switch between tap tempo and regular control modes.

Once you’re in Tap tempo control mode, turn the knob to select one of the available note values. Tap 2 or more times on the TAP switch, and all the effects set to tap tempo control will change their time/speed/tempo to match the tempo you tapped. To end tap tempo operation for an effect, turn the knob to max again.

NOTE: Parameters set to tap tempo control are NOT affected by expression pedal operation. "

Can any Delay FX, Mod FX, and Filter FX which offers control of time, speed, or tempo, be synced to an external midi clock, such as available in a DAW? Will any parameter that responds to tap tempo also be able to respond to incoming midi clock?  (Nor have I a clear understand of how to enable midi sync in the models...)

Do I correctly understand this?

Thanks in advance!