Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Completely dumb question - probably

Hi, 

I've just picked up my guitar again after some years of inactivity so I'm going to have some catching up to do in terms of practice etc. 

I bought the old Guitar Port a few years back and was hoping I could get it to work again on my PC - now windows 7 - I think I was was on XP when the guitar Port was new!! However I cant get it to work like it used to, and I've read that gearbox software is no longer supported. So my question is .... 

Can I use the Guitar Port Hardware (ie the interface bit) and just buy the Pod Farm software. Will this enable me to carry on using the guitar port as an interface to the PC and then have access to all the tones in Pod Farm. I'm not using it for recording or live performance, just to practice at home with the headphones on!! 

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to a better setup if the above isn't feasible? I've looked at the pocket Pod and that looks as though it would suit my needs but I dont want to buy something if I already have a device that will work with the right software. 

I also have an issue with Guitar Port firmware being out of date but line6 Monkey will not connect to the internet to update it - I dont know why ?? 

Thanks in advance

Rich

Gearbox should work in Win7 IIRC  but use Pod Farm 1 if you must have PF (its free). You can download the flash files to your desktop and use Monkey's "Flash from File" to flash that way if needs be.

IMO you might want to just pick up a used XT/X3/HD Bean of any Pod flavor you want to try - then use the usb to record if that is the goal. The regular Pods 2.0 are still pretty sweet.