Sign in to follow this  
Retro420

MP3 input silencing guitar output

Hello.

I have just got a Spider Classic 15 amp for (early ðŸ˜) Christmas present.

I had my guitar plugged to input, my Google pixel 2 phone to cd/MP3 input and my headphones on the output.

I could hear the guitar fine on its own, and I could hear the song from my phone playing fine on its own. When I tried to play along with the song I couldn't hear my guitar. It's like the song takes priority over the guitar and cuts off its output. When I turned off the song, the guitar was fine again.

Kinda weird, and I have no idea what to do to sort it. I played around with ask the settings and turned it off and on and it stayed the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Don't have a Spider Classic but on my old one IIRC the mp3 volume was controlled by the mp3 player, so turn the volume down on the mp3 player and turn up the master on the amp to see if you can hear something.

I had another go with the MP3 input and managed to get it working.

I had to change the channel volume and now it's fine.

I've only been playing a couple years and this is my first amp with more than just volume bass and treble knobs lol, so had no idea.

Feeling a bit silly lol, but thanks for the help BillBee.

Its all good Retro and I know there are others that have had the same thing happen.

When I first got my HD I thought it was faulty until I realized I had the initial settings for volume and output wrong. :)