Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

sonic port vx. issues

gnknt

Ok so I got my sonic port vx today.. did not realize iPad 3 was incompatible with it.. which i have... So I decided to go to my pc. Downloaded reaper which works pretty good having trouble getting sound on and when i do it seems like it modulates even without an effect on. I am running windows 10 all up to date. I also downloaded mixcraft 8 trial but can't get any sound out of it at all. I wanted garage band but like i said my iPad is not upgrade-able to ios10. So any help or direction to free programs like garageband or another windows based program would be great also any help with reaper would be awesome too.

Thanks,

G

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. I have the older version of Sonic Port, and runs it on my 3rd generation iPad with iOS 9.3.5. Actually, since going to Amplifi devices, I don't use the darned thing at all anymore. Not pleased that it's limited to use with iOS devices, but I knew that upfront and it worked ok for what it was intended to do.

Had no idea that the newer VX version was also (at least theoretically) compatible with Windows PCs! That would make it a much more versatile tool to have.

A long-shot might be to try the other version of the iOS Sonic Port app, which does run on iOS 9, with your VX. May not work, but I know I'd try it if I were in your position.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Is Sonic port compatible with iOS11?  I had been using sonic port on an iPhone 5 with iOS10 up until October last year, just got it out of cupboard to practice with it last night and it isn't being recognised by an iPhone SE with iOS11.  Any ideas?  

I've read that it could be a cable fault but that seems odd considering I've never had a single problem before and more annoyingly that getting a replacement cable seems to be both ridiculously difficult in the UK and expensive.