Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500 Effects Loop Help - can't get Vol Pedal to work...

Drew816

Ok, I've decided to dust off my HD500 and use this as my pedal and effects board thru the effects loop of my amp using the 4CM. I haven't gotten that far yet, I just got the HD5 out again, literally dusted off the cobwebs and updated all the drivers, patches, etc.

I then created a few new programs after the "firewall" thingie (effects section of the amp), selected FX Loop, then say Reverb, Chorus, whatever. I added a Wah in this area, and the pedal functions fine, I can sweep up and down and see it move in the programming.

However I try this as a Volume pedal and I get no movement, no sweep.  I did the Vol Pedal re-calibration following I think it was Dave (or Steve's?) video instructions on YouTube, got that straight, tried again, still no Volume pedal.

When I try a pre-built model from say the Best of HD500 the Vol Pedal works fine, and I move them into the effects loop section and it works fine. But when I try to insert into a program I get nothing...

So, sorry for what maybe a very basic question but I thought I'd ask and perhaps save myself a lot of troubleshooting grief...

It was Exp 1 vs. Exp 2, I had to engage the switch in order to swap over. Perhaps this is setup like this on purpose, Wah is Exp 1 and Vol is Exp 2 all the time, but I couldn’t figure out how to move between these too. And the “switch†on the pedal has no feeling, I thought I was going to break the pedal when trying to engage but eventually it switched. Once there the Vol pedal program is Exp 2 (Green) and the Wah remains Exp 1 in two different programs, I don’t intend on using them together.