Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

About preamp sound.

sinfirma23

Hi, i'm trying to use the vox fawn ac30 preamp trought the return effects of my vox ac30c2.  If y turn up de overdrive i can't ear overfrive sound. Only i can ear how the clean sojnd gets louder.

I configured output in helux like instrument. In general, the preamps sound very trebble and aren't warm sound.

Using the preamps with my my tube power amp and two greenbacks would be nice. So why it sounds so harsh and treble?. Thanks

One thing to check is that you will probably want to use 'Line' level to your amp's return but experiment with 'Instrument' level if need be. I would also try adjusting the Ch Vol level on the amp block to make sure that the power amp section on your guitar amplifier is receiving a level it plays nicely with. How are you connecting to your guitar amp? Are you using the  4CM method? If so check your cabling configuration and make sure your Helix loop blocks and loop block levels are set up properly when bypassing your guitar amp's guitar input connection and preamp and going straight into the power amp via the guitar amp's send/return loop.

I connect guitar to helix then helix to return. The global setting is set to instrument level. The amp is a VOX AC30C2 a good amp i think...the amp is in good conditions. And the input level of the return in the amp i think that is instrument because the pedals has instrument level output.

6 hours ago, sinfirma23 said:

I connect guitar to helix then helix to return. The global setting is set to instrument level. The amp is a VOX AC30C2 a good amp i think...the amp is in good conditions. And the input level of the return in the amp i think that is instrument because the pedals has instrument level output.

Yep, makes sense to try both Instrument and Line levels. Some amp loops expect rack-mount Line levels and others expect Instrument levels like you might find from a pedal. Some work well with either and some not so much. Your simple configuration right now is probably a great way to start troubleshooting the issue and getting the output level optimal from the Helix would probably be a first priority. That would include not only the right Line/Instrument setting but the main large knob output volume as well as the preset's overall volume.