Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HelixLT jumping to previous effect

bigolsparky

At times when I am creating paths on the HelixLT, the "cursor" jumps back to the previous effect or block.  This has been happening with some frequency lately and is very annoying.  I am eventually able to add whatever it is I intended to add but sometimes the "jumping" may occur 3 or 4 times before I am able to add it.  This is happening while using the "joystick" knob on the Helix.

If you are not accidentally touching one of the cap sensitive switches which will switch the focus to the block it is assigned to, then this might be a hardware issue. If this is only happening in the list of effects it may more likely be an issue with the joystick. Also, as you probably already know, the joystick is relatively sensitive. You may want to open a ticket with Line6. There have been relatively rare reports of the switches getting contaminated or failing where they will acquire a mind of their own and behave as if they are activated without being touched. Of course you may be experiencing something else but it sounds like either a hardware problem with a switch or more likely the joystick.