Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Blue Screen of death due to Line 6 Drivers?

AcidRonin

This happens to me with all kinds of gear due to ASIO. If i'm in Reaper with my Behringer XAIR selected as my I/O and I unplug it without exiting reaper first I'll blue screen every time. Whatever DAW you're running make sure you exit that first or change your I/O before removing the USB, just to be safe make sure you exit Pod HD Edit before disconnecting as well. 

I have had the same issue in Windows 10. The problem seems to be the Windows OS trying to default to the regular audio drivers in the computer. You need to disable and disconnect the Windows audio drivers and just run everything through your Line 6. When there are two line 6 drivers competing, you can only use one at a time, or the blue screen will appear. It is a Windows problem, not a line 6 problem. 

• 5 years later...

I know this is an old post but.

Windows 10.

This is what worked for me !

I had the blue screen when I closed gearbox(every time). I found that if I made sure the pc sound setting was set to "speakers(realtek High Definition Audio(SST))"

By clicking the speaker icon ,bottom right and selecting it from the list.

My blue screen issue when closing gearbox was in the past .