Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

XT Live: amp settings and custom amps [solved]

When I choose a patch, then double click the 'amp' foot switch, and start turning the selector knob, different amps load.

1) The amps load with their virtual pots in certain positions (some of them in very weird positions).

Can anyone clarify that this is either the factory default setting or a user-saved custom setting?

2) The virtual pots have dots around the outside.

Can anyone confirm that these dots are the last settings that I used for this amp model when saving it in another patch?

The manual is not clear on this point.

Further, if the previous owner has saved a custom amp setting over the factory default, is there a way to tell which amps have been altered by the user?

Is there a way of getting an amp setting back to the factory default?

Thanks.

So basically, once you've saved over an amp preset, it's gone.

I can't factory reset the unit, because I'll lose the metal shop add-on that a previous owner put on it.

Thanks for the confirmation.

> The dot tells you where the knob was set the last time it was saved [in a patch]

OK, so an amp loads into a patch with either a factory setting or a saved custom setting.

The dots show the setting of the amp when it was last saved in another patch.

Thanks.