Sign in to follow this  
bdpalmbos

Pod Xt Live Sound Issues

Hello All,

This past spring I purchased a used Epi Les Paul Custom that came with a POD XT Live. It took me a while to figure out how to use the POD and adjust the tones to what I wanted. But, after getting used to the POD and figuring it out I really like it. Last week while practicing I was having some sound issues. I would select the channel that I wanted and start playing and the sound would drop out. If I hit the same channel on the POD it would reset itself and I would have regular volume again for a few seconds and then it would drop out again. I switched guitars to make sure that the guitar was not the cause of the problem. Another issue that just started is a worbling sound when I am using any distortion. This past Sunday while playing at Church I was playing very soft at the end of the service and all of a sudden the volume just spiked out of nowhere........NOT COOL!!!  Any suggestions???? When practicing at home I am going through a DI box, and then directly into the powered mixer, at Church I play into an amp that is mic'ed up.

Thanks!

Wow, I'll bet the congregation thought the Spirit had really come down when that volume kicked in!   :D

The first think I do when I have weird issues with my XTL is reflash the memory.   Seems to work for me.  

have you connected the board to your computer before?

Yes, I have plugged in my POD to my computer to create tones.....but have never messed with anything to do with the memory.

Make sure you've saved off the contents of your POD as a bundle, or just the individual patches that you've created before you reflash the firmware