Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Routing problems

ricksteruk

Does anyone else struggle with this?

I'm trying to use my tube amp on stage fed from the 1/4in out with the Big Volume knob set to control it.  The tube amp's MV knob has no effect when connected to Helix via the amps FX Return socket - so the Helix Big Vol knob is essential to control amp volume.  I cannot use a Send block / socket to send to my tube amp as it is not possible to set the Helix Volume knob to control Sends.  So I have to use the 1/4in outs.

I also want to send to XLR and USB1/2 via a cabinet / IR block.

Obviously I want no cab block on the 1/4in outs to the stage amp - as the cab is trying to emulate the actual speaker cab (and it sound horrible running the cab block into the guitar amp)

It seems to require me to use all 4 paths simply to do this routing - (photo attached) - and it means that I only have the top path and 8 blocks to use for all FX and the Helix amp.  The other 3 paths are completely wasted except for the cab block  (as is half of Helix's processing capability)

Possible solutions to make things more flexible:

1)  Allow Helix MV knob more options eg. to control Sends,  or  some people might need 1/4in and USB/Dig or  XLR and USB/Dig.

2)  More options for Path outputs - eg. Multi 2 (XLR & USB/Dig), Multi 3 (1/4in & USB/Dig)

3) Allow Sends / Returns to send to USB, 1/4in, XLR and Digital.

routing.jpg